Positive attitude in the widespread pop version gives the impression that all you have to do is think the right thoughts and feel the right feelings.
- there is a literal core definition of attitude that refers to things and their orientation in space and
- metaphorical extensions from that literal core that refer to how our minds are oriented relative to the world and our experiences.
Positive Attitude vs. Negative Attitude
- develop increasing control over your states of mind and
- experiment with different states of mind to find out what benefits you get from them.
Positive Attitude is Psychologically Inclusive
Positive Attitude in Education
Assessing Positive Attitude
- the structures of governance we put in place to manage our own and other people's behavior for the common good,
- the processes of exchange we go through with each other and our environment to meet our needs, and
- the patterns of consciousness that result from living within those governance structures and exchange processes.